Monday, June 14, 2010

Speaking Japanese is Hard

Well, I made it to Kyoto safely and I'm somewhat settled in my apartment. Though I haven't had much time init other than to sleep. I'm a bit weary, but I thought I'd at least post a vlog of me rambling about some of my "adventures" so far. That way, everyone will be somewhat up to date and I can save some time for sweet sweet sleep and for studying. So enjoy my fatigued ramblings:



I wish I had brought my copy of When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris. I think it would be comforting to read about his experiences in Japan and the difficulty of learning the language. I feel kindred to him right now. Well that is it, kids. I'm extremely tired. It is about 11PM in Kyoto. 10 AM for you east coast Americans.

3 comments:

  1. aww, you do sound mighty sleepy, caroline.
    You and kegan can commiserate about being in a foreign country and being completely lost. And of course, once I popped up in spain I just sat and tried to catch familiar words while everyone talked. I did at least have the benefit of a few years of high school spanish to work from, which is to say.. not much.
    I hope your jetlag disappears quickly, and I look forward to more vlogs and seeing your lovely face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a brave & adventurous woman! It's great to be able to see & hear you - your Dad is enjoying "the skype". You will feel better once the jet lag passes - it definitely makes it hard to focus! Looking forward to pictures - we love you & be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I actually envy you right now for being able to travel the country. I really love Japan so i decided to learn :Japanese via skype at http://preply.com/en/japanese-by-skype. Their teachers are great and are very patient with me. I am looking forward to travel the country myself and not just follow other peoples adventure.

    ReplyDelete